Friday 23 February 2024

Terrible Lizard

I was asked to think about big predators
Things like sharks and alligators
But then I turned to dinosaurs
And top of all the carnivores
Without doubt - the tyrannosaurs

Then a thought popped into my head
Which probably should remain unsaid...

How did the T-Rex
Manage to have sex?

Did these residents of Jurassic Park
Wait until it had got dark?

And should we consider the features 
of the mating rituals of these creatures?

I can't see the T-Rex 
Going in for nibbling necks
So did they find the charms 
Of each other's tiny arms?
(Surely they'd get in a muddle 
going in for a cuddle)

At 40 feet long and eight tons in weight
How on earth did they mate?
Which position
Would have brought their efforts to fruition?

There are enough fossils to show,
They must have given it a good go

What was the question again?
I've lost my thread.
Oh yes, predators - alive or dead

Number one - tyrannosaur 
then underneath...
Great white shark
Because of the teeth